“I love the muted, soft tones of the picture and what I love even more is the mystery this picture creates. You cannot see the face of the person hidden behind the smoke yet you somehow feel connected. The caption which is a quote by Nelson Mandela in the end just makes perfect sense - “When people are determined they can overcome anything.” You know it doesn’t matter how you look, where you come from and what race you belong too. In the end if you believe in yourself you will achieve greatness. The play of light and shadow is brilliant and so is the composition." - @avu3 on why she chose @ronidwiputra's photo.
- On a weekend, we give past Webstapick winners a chance to take on the role of Guest Pickers (or guest judges).
- This weekend’s Guest Picker is Avisha Chaudhary (@avu3) from Delhi, India, who is studying Fashion Journalism.
More About Our Guest Picker
1. What/who inspires you?
- The simplicity around. Create something beautiful from the ordinary and make it your extraordinary.
2. What kind of photos/videos do you like to take?
- I have no particular style but I do believe less is more. I keep my editing simple and basic. I click what makes me happy and that is why I love capturing landscapes. Nature has so much to offer and we have nothing to return. The least we can do is take some time off from this crazy life and sit, breathe and soak it all in.
3. Favorite photo or video editing apps
- I love VSCOcam, it’s an absolute favourite for its simple and minimalistic filters. Then I like Mextures too. It’s nice to add colours in your pictures once in a while! For Video I use Spark.
4. Favorite Instagramers
- I love @sonofnasser for his compositions and clean edits.
- Then there is @saysthefox - I love for her nature and landscape clicks.
- @jermzlee for his creativity and also because I love dogs.
- And @rishabh_malik04 who has been a huge inspiration and the sole reason for me to join Instagram. He finds beauty in your everyday little things which pretty much life should be all about.
5. Are you part of any photo community on Instagram?
- I love travelling and started something called #voyagediaries where people could share their voyage memories and experiences with others.
Get more familiar about Webstapick by joining our community!