WEEKEND WEBSTAPICK #09
"This picture I picked caught my eye immediately because of its originality as well as for its freshness and colors. It’s that kind of image we all could have tried to shoot during our vacations, but just a few of us would accomplish that sort of "teleport" feeling that this picture shows. In addition, the way the fishes’ colors merge with the light passing through the water is so unique. A different image, an outstanding shot."
- @m4kr4b3us on why he chose @cubatefa's photo.
- On a weekend, we give past Webstapick winners a chance to take on the role of Guest Pickers (or guest judges).
- This weekend’s Guest Picker is David (@m4kr4b3us).
- David’s from Barcelona and works as a journalist.
More About Our Guest Picker
1. What/who inspires you?
- To be honest I always go with the flow of the place or the moment I’m living, and I could say that I don’t have a defined style. However, I must admit that you can see how my deep devotion for movies and cinematic scenes influences the way I make my compositions or even when editing my pictures.
2. What kind of photos/videos do you like to take?
- My style is the ‘not style’ style. I just take pictures of all those things that catch my eye. It can be a landscape, a perfect stranger, an abandoned location… Anyway, I always try to integrate a subject in my images in order to enhance that subjectivity in the spectator, making themselves feel part of the scene.
3. Favorite photo or video editing apps
- I’m a VSCOcam lover, though lately I enjoy playing with apps like Mextures. Some other must-have apps for me are Filterstorm, Frontview or LensFlare.
4. Favorite Instagrammers
5. Are you part of any photo community on Instagram?
- I’m the founder of @bnw_wonderful, though lack of time has ended leaving my feed kind of inactive. Apart from that I don’t belong to any other IG community.
Check out our Guest Picker’s past winning Webstapick entry.